For the fourth year in a row, Interfaith Tampa Bay and Integral Church will host Tampa Bay Interfaith Week – an opportunity to see how the rest of your community celebrates the sacred in a casual, open, educational setting.
This year’s theme is “I Am Your Neighbor.”
During Interfaith Week, individuals and families are encouraged to visit the many churches, temples, mosques, meditation centers and spiritual communities across Tampa Bay to gain a better understanding of the people, values, beliefs, practices and cultures that make up our dynamic and vibrant region.
This year, the event will run from Sunday, October 1-8 and include free panel and roundtable discussions at various campuses and venues including such topics as: non-violent communication, religious innovation, spiritual community, eastern and western philosophy, universal values, creating accommodating and welcoming spaces, musical performances and more.
This year’s Tampa Bay Interfaith Week will include:
- An official Interfaith Week proclamation by St. Pete Mayor Rick Kriseman.
- An Opening Ceremony at St. Peter’s Cathedral featuring music, interfaith prayers and opening remarks by the mayor.
- A Closing Ceremony at Temple Beth-El.
- Panel discussions, interactive workshops, film screenings, dance, music, food and more
- Open houses and involvement from various faith communities including those of the Baha’i, Buddhist, Catholic, Christian, Christian Science, Episcopal, Interspiritual, Jewish, Muslim, Quaker, Taoist, Unitarian Universalist, Unity and more.
Tampa Bay Interfaith Week continues to promote a message of conversation, compassion, peace and pluralism and holds the Bay Area up as an example of a community based on mutual respect, cooperation and collaboration.
This year’s sponsors include St. Petersburg Baha’i Center and more TBD.
BECOME A SPONSOR
If you’re interested in supporting or becoming a sponsor of Tampa Bay Interfaith Week, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
If you are interested in producing, moderating or participating in a panel discussion, workshop, prayer service or performance this year in the following categories, please fill out the submission form on or before Friday, September 1.
- Interfaith dialogue
- Interreligious study / literacy
- Interspirituality / pluralism
- Peace / community-building
- Spiritual leadership
- Prayer / meditation / contemplation
- Ecology / sustainability
- Social justice / racism
- Community service
- Music / dance / ritual
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL HERE:
* All panels must commit to faith/gender/racial diversity, respectful dialogue, non-proselytizing, a willingness to engage in interreligious dialogue, and the exploration of potentially divisive topics from a variety of viewpoints.
WATCH 2016 HIGHLIGHTS
MORE INTERFAITH RESOURCES
2017-18 Interfaith Holiday Calendar: Diversity Awareness Project
Common Knowledge Podcast: Interfaith Youth Core
The Four “S’s” of Interfaith:
1. Sup together
2. Serve together
3. Study together
4. Seek together