Here is a list of ten things you can do immediately to reduce your plastic footprint.
1. Cut down on single-use disposable plastic items
2. Say no to plastic bags (including produce bags)
3. Don’t drink bottled water
4. Choose products with less packaging (bulk food, for example)
5. Buy used items, instead of new
6. Bring your own container (including shopping bags)
7. Buy less stuff
8. Reduce, re-use, and then recycle. In that order.
9. Volunteer for beach and litter clean-ups
10. Simplify your life
– from bagitmovie.com
More ideas for reducing your dependence on plastic:
- PlanetBox – Stainless steel self-contained lunch box for kids
- ECO lunchboxes – Stainless steel bento boxes
- Hemp Plastic – Affordable, bio-based alternative
What other ideas do you have that you would implement to reduce plastic dependence?